- Home › About Us
About Flowers Canada Growers
Who We AreFlowers Canada Growers is the national trade association of the Canadian floral industry. Our members across Canada include greenhouse growers, distributors and importers/exporters all dealing with cut flowers, potted plants, bedding plants, cut greens and specialty suppliers and services to the industry.
It is our aim to improve and strengthen to the unity of the floriculture industry. We strive to create an environment for our industry in which it will thrive and prosper as a major contributor to the economy and to the quality of life in Canada.
Mission StatementEnhance the profitability and competitiveness of Canada’s floriculture industry by helping members address common issues, challenges and opportunities to retain and enhance Canada’s pre-eminent position in the floriculture industry in North America.
- Establish the highest quality production standards in the world allowing the industry to operate in a competitive global marketplace.
- Be a respected voice with stakeholders including governments.
- Increase consumer recognition of product and production excellence.
- Create an effective administrative and organizational infrastructure which meets the needs of all provinces including Quebec and which is adequately financed.
- Create partnerships and affiliations with other likeminded organizations.
- Maintain a strong commitment to community citizenship – interact with other community organizations.
Government agencies that Flowers Canada works with are:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food & Rural Affairs (OMAFRA)
- Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Environment Canada
- Stats Canada
- Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA)
- Canada Border Services Agency (CSBA)
- Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA)
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Customs Border Protection (CBP)
- The Ministry of Labour (MOL)
- Workplace Safety Insurance Board (WSIB)
- Farm Safety Association (FSA)
- Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC)
- Foreign Agriculture Resource Management Services (FARMS)
- Canadian Agricultural Human Resource Council (CAHRC)
- Canadian Farm Business Management Council (CFBMC)
- And many more!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 2, 2021
Canadian Greenhouse Conference “Seeds of Change” October 6 & 7
The 2021 Canadian…
Latest Grower News
A research project recently completed by Émilie Lemaire of the Quebec Institute for the Development of Ornamental Horticulture (IQDHO)…